2016 European Go Yearbook

Hello everyone, my name is Kim Ouweleen, also known as Murugandi. I’m a 4 dan go player from Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and would like to share some exciting news with you.
For the first time, the European Go Federation has published a yearbook about European Go! I am the author of the book and I have worked on it for the better part of the last half a year. I’m proud to announce that it was officially released at the EGC in Oberhof last month and is now for sale online.

The 2016 European Go Yearbook covers the major European go happenings of last year, including:

• Interviews with newly promoted professionals Artem Kachanovskyi 1p and Antti Törmänen 1p.

• An extensive catalogue of all the National Championships in Europe, including reports on Main Championships, Women’s Championships and Youth Championships, accompanied by personal interviews with the champions.

• Reports and beautiful photos of Major European Tournaments and Events, such as the 60th Polymetal European Go Congress, the 2nd European Go Grand Slam and the 3rd European Professional Qualification.

• An in-depth chapter of 80 pages on AlphaGo and the Rise of Artificial Intelligence in Go, with game commentaries by Fan Hui 2p, Gu Li 9p, Zhou Ruiyang 9p and Myungwan Kim 9p.

• Many game records and commentaries by top European players, including:

• Yoon Young Sun 8p
  • Guo Juan 5p
  • Cătălin Țăranu 5p
  • Alexandre Dinerchtein 3p
  • Svetlana Shikshina 3p
  • Fan Hui 2p
  • Diána Kőszegi 1p
  • Ali Jabarin 1p
  • Pavol Lisý 1p
  • Artem Kachanovskyi 1p
  • Ilya Shikshin 1p
  • Mateusz Surma 1p
  • Antti Törmänen 1p
  • Junfu Dai 8d
  • Lukáš Podpěra 7d
  • Cristian Pop 7d
  • Cornel Burzo 6d
  • Merlijn Kuin 6d
  • Tanguy Le Calvé 6d
  • Viktor Lin 6d
  • Matthew Macfadyen 6d

More information, including three pdf-previews of the book can be found at http://eurogofed.org/yearbook/.
If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.

Thank you,
Kim Ouweleen

4 Likes