8k vs 8k review request~

Lots of fighting, which I am usually quite comfortable with, but I don’t know if I got the upper hand.
I thought I was ahead the entire game until the score came out and showed I was a little behind.
There were a few mistakes I know I made, like letting him in to the corner on the bottom right, and a reading mistake I posted a variation of in the game chat.

The fuseki I used is nadoss’ invention - it’s designed for getting in fights early

Thank you in advance.

I’d start by asking what made you think you were ahead. This is key to understanding your errors.

The main issue I see is that you are helping white reinforce her loose connections. Some examples:

• after white D13, your attachment sequence allows white to play C16 that reinforces the connection between D16 and D13.
  • your moves in the lower left allow white to fix the weakness between D4 and E7.
  • locally N10 is the correct move, not N9.

I think you were still in the game after invading the left side, but B9 should have been at C9 and then E10 was small.

Thanks for the reply.

I think it was that I had such a big moyo in the top at the start that made me a bit overconfident. I can see now that white’s development on the left was far greater, but in the game I wasn’t worried. Being able to attack white’s groups when they were weak made me feel that I must be ahead - or something like that. Honestly, I don’t really know what it was that made me think I was so far ahead.