AI, which makes game offers

Can I create an AI which is making game offers (when not playing)?

I know the gtp2ogs is accepting game offers, but I would like the opposite.
My guess is that this will make the bot more used, and attract more players on OGS.

1 Like

I think the general consensus is that people don’t want bots creating open challenges. Most people prefer to play humans, and those who do wish to play bots can explicitly create a game with a bot.

3 Likes

On Go Quest, which automatically matches players, you can push a button that says you don’t want to play a bot. This is a possible compromise position.

I have tested the behavior of the bot when I create a challenge.

When a human manually creates a challenge, me, the Bot, automatically takes over and will play the game.

So, I try the API to create a challenge, but here I am stuck. Does this seem right?

`

curl -H “Authorization: Bearer XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX” --include
–request POST
–header “Content-Type: application/json”
-d @challenge.json
‘https://online-go.com/api/v1/challenges/’

`
challenge.json

{ “game”: {
“name”: “test”,
“rules”: “japanese”,
“ranked”: false,
“handicap”: 0,
“time_control_parameters”: {
“time_control”: “byoyomi”,
“main_time”: 30,
“period_time”:25
},
“pause_on_weekends”: false,
“width”: 19,
“height”: 19,
“disable_analysis”: true
},
“challenger_color”: “automatic”,
“min_ranking”: 0,
“max_ranking”: 0
}

Error i get:

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 14:08:40 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-alive
Set-Cookie: __cfduid=dd6ba610b224a01fad70986f7c6e3927f1497362919; expires=Wed, 13-Jun-18 14:08:39 GMT; path=/; domain=.online-go.com; HttpOnly
Vary: Cookie, Accept-Language
Content-Language: en
Set-Cookie: csrftoken=MOvO5bxDnPAp8Xua5ZCPbrhF5UBXapUuRGzkh97py75VuwXJKDe1UmuKs5wSAB9P; expires=Tue, 12-Jun-2018 14:08:40 GMT; Max-Age=31449600; Path=/
Server: cloudflare-nginx
CF-RAY: 36e59f895e7f2be8-AMS

Server Error (500)

I agree with pbgarden

I do not want the open challenges page to be filled with bots. If I accept a challenge from open challenges or get an auto match, I expect to be playing a human. If I want to play a bot I will create a game with a bot

4 Likes

I understand the fear of change, but I am going to try It out, with a little more caution. I will put clear messages that it is a bot in the game offer.