The Second Go Battle Royale ⚔

Blue does not plan to play F6 for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Cerulean is forced to play D2 to repel the approaching Blue forces:

Next is Orange @sokoslav

2 Likes

I agree. Playing F6 does not give us anything.

1 Like

@antonTobi when Orange went into upper right corner, it was the first stone in 5x4 area. I invited you to join me, and you did. Initial motivation was to protect this area together. We did it successfully. Now I want to play O14 and then M15, P14, O15. In this case this oupost will be immortal. Your giant group is already immoprtal as well. Talking about territory: I will get 8 points (with 6 stones), @yebellz took 2 points, and all remaining 10 points are yours. I find it fair enough.
What do you think about it? If you agree, I promise to make no other moves in this area.

I am prepared to give the entire corner to you as proposed, but are you sure it’s the most urgent right now? I promise to not play O14 or P14, if for instance you want to settle your bottom group first.

1 Like

Would anyone object to renaming this thread “The Second Go Battle Royale :crossed_swords:”, to be consistent with The First Go Battle Royale :crossed_swords:?

Doesn’t really matter at the moment, but I’m assuming there will be a third one in the future, and the titles could get confusing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

By the way, we just reached the one month mark of the game!
(start of the game on May 25th)

I believe we’ve played 68 moves in that time, so an average sligthly above 2 moves/day.

5 Likes

Great to hear that! Thank you! Deal.
Indeed, N2 outpost requires some attention as well. L2

@antonTobi

3 Likes

Red plays O5:
Apologies to @yebellz for filling a liberty. I have no intentions of playing N7 in the short term, so I believe the green group is still safe.

Next up is @NeilAgg.

4 Likes

I did not call it the Second because it has different rules, but I have no problem if we want to rename the thread. I don’t know how to do it though.

2 Likes

Dear Orange @sokoslav, I would like to reach a consensus on the G10 and G11 points. I would like to see them filled in either by you or me. Do you have a preference on who does it?
Also, I would like to eventually take F8 to connect my stones. If you play G7 and F6, that will give you an open space.

Red @antonTobi, earlier you said you would cooperate with us. In that vein, I kindly ask you not to play N11 so my stones have one open liberty in that space. Is that acceptable to you?

2 Likes

I think the rules are similar enough that we can think of it as part of the same “series” :slight_smile:

(I went ahead and changed the name)

3 Likes

N11 would fill no purpose to me (except if I was trying to get you captured), so you have my word that I will not play it unless I’ve run out of other options.

1 Like

For the time being Orange is not going to take G10 (and, as a consequence, G11). But I may consider this option after current cycle finishes.

Do you mind if I take them?

1 Like

Thank you!

No, I do not think it contradicts our interests in any way.

Thank you! I’m a little busy today. I will make my move tomorrow.

1 Like

The Great Golden Empire moves armies to G10:

Next is @martin3141

3 Likes

Dear Orange (@sokoslav),

do you have plans for the construction in the south? Blue would like to play J2 eventually, and would leave K2 to Orange. That leaves enough space for Orange to build two eyes (with K1, M3 and M1) without disrupting Greens (@yebellz) plans.
If Orange plays K2, Blue will feel the need to answer with J2. But we would be happy to postpone this exchange and promise to leave K2 for Orange.

2 Likes