Are you worried about coronavirus?

Is it common for people to know what B.C. means?

2 Likes

British Columbia? Must be pretty obvious for Canadians.

4 Likes

It took me a second but I recognized it pretty quickly. It really probably depends on how familiar you are with that area.

650 children got new unknown hepatitis for unknown reason in 33 countries
https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease-outbreak-news/item/DON-389

3 Likes

The interesting thing about reports like this, is that the whole world is watching with extreme care after the corona pandemic.

But stuff like this is quite regular, it just used to be the case that everyone (including those health advisors to the policy makers) ignored such reports.

It’ll just take a bit of time before we’re back to completely ignoring any potentially hazardous candidate for the next pandemic :smiley:

6 Likes

There’s now a free cook book for people with Covid-related loss of taste and smell.

4 Likes

Our minister of public health says we should prepare for a summer wave. The national public health institute is uncertain when this wave will peak and how high this peak will be. Population groups with elevated risk are advised to get their follow-up vaccinations, if they didn’t already.

4 Likes

Meanwhile in my country almost noone is even bothering to wear a mask … this won’t go well … :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Mask were abolished months ago here. It’s very rarely seen now. In the past months I only wore a mask when visiting my brother who was in ICU after surgery.

2 Likes

meanwhile…

No one wears masks now. Today they asked me to wear a mask at a tuberculosis hospital. I was very offended /s

We are heading for elections.

Coronavirus is up to polls. :woman_shrugging:t2:

I hope your brother is on the mend :slight_smile:

I still wear one even though it is not mandatory. We had mask mandates when the cases were in the hundreds and now we are still in the thousands despite the extremely fewer tests that are being conducted here currently (which would suggest that things are far worse than they seem).

The way I see it something is reasonable or it is not.
Masks always made sense and I am not keen on suspending logic, so that the ministry of tourism can have a better campaign (they had declared that from end of September we’d probably go back to having some mandates and more vaccinations - quite the predictors of the future, our ministers, eh? The fact that the tourist season ends at that time is purely happenstance :innocent:).

2 Likes

Same here, but the risk by number of confirmed cases is hard tell with omicron variants, so I tend to watch hospitalization numbers instead to see how serious the situation is.

1 Like

I should maybe bring a few infos about China vs covid.
First it’s not a closed topic here. There are still use of sanitary pass. If you take train, you need to test. In some touristic area, you will be asked to wear a mask. And although i m not there to check exactly how is the situation, it seems that there are still locked part of Shanghai after a break in the restrictions there.

Considering hygiene rules (washing hands) the covid did create an amazing infrastructure of public toilets and washing hands basins (on the streets) as a side effect (not discussing about the effectiveness on covid in itself).

7 Likes

|

5 Likes

things are going uphill way earlier than the ministries of tourism wanted.

Here tests are down to 1/4 of the number that was done in Jan 1st and the cases are 1/2 of that same timeframe and rising very fast.

They could have asked random people in the streets and they could have told them what would have happened when they declared all measures “optional”, but that’s their usual tactics to later blame the citizens for “not being responsible enough” and mitigating the political cost to the simple people.

It is a simple trick, but if it keeps working, they keep on using it :melting_face:

2 Likes

Look at those silly people still wearing masks when it’s so hot out there

: )

6 Likes

很担心 前天发烧还以为自己得了新冠 人吓飞了 结果并不是 一晚上就好了

2 Likes