Arranging game on behalf of another user in OGS

I am trying to create a feature for a third-party application that arranges game on behave of a user. Based on the doc of OGS, I am only able to find a route for challenging player.

As the doc is not up to date, I wonder if there is any route that would POST a game and I can add two player into that game, so they worry nothing but playing?

2 Likes

Similar features have been proposed in the past, but as it currently stands it is impossible to create a game that you are not a part of.

2 player Tournament. Invitation only, 1 round.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply @flovo , but how can I create that? With what route? Or do you mean I do that with the UI of OGS?

1 Like

@Atorrante , the poster is asking for API documentation, rather than feature documentation.

3 Likes

@Devin_Fraze did you know how to do this? Create games on behalf of users. Was it by making tournaments?

1 Like

With some devtool debugging, I am able to find route POST https://online-go.com/api/v1/tournaments/

I will try this out and see if it works. Hopefully it helps someone with the same need as well.

3 Likes

Yeah, I can help.
Just create the challenge and accept the challenge via two different API calls. Both players would have to authenticate with you though. No need to make a tournament.

1 Like

See my other comment for how to do this. I also have a feature like this on my website. Any chance you’d want to work together?

But then you will need to keep their username and password, and make the request on behalf of them right?

@Devin_Fraze Yes that would be awesome. How do you want to contact me and work on it together? (maybe Telegram? Discord?)

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.