Buggy 9x9 Systemwide tournament today

Hi - the system bugged out during a 9x9 double elimination tournament today. It seems several people were given two games simultaneously but only were notified to play in one of them. I am one of those people. Here’s the link: https://online-go.com/tournament/47622

I would think what’s fairest is to nullify games in the tournament from the record, since we who timed out on one of the games we were given have that on our record inappropriately.

Here’s the relevant info from the game I actually played:

Tournament Game: Live 9x9 Double Elimination Tournament 2019-04-19 14:30 (47622) R:1 (DrQuantum vs Fire star)
Time April 19, 2019 9:30 AM - April 19, 2019 9:34 AM

Here is the relevant info for the game I was timed out for:

Tournament Game: Live 9x9 Double Elimination Tournament 2019-04-19 14:30 (47622) R:1 (Senri vs DrQuantum)
Time April 19, 2019 9:31 AM - April 19, 2019 9:37 AM

Notice both are going on simultaneously and both are supposedly Round 1 games.

Have fun with this one! :slight_smile:

Tris972 seems to have had two R1 games also but somehow managed to notice them both and play them. One started at 9:30 and another at 9:31.

Here’s a screen shot from late in the tournament showing the output - the NULL_USER entries appear right when the round changes over, but eventually it clears up. Obviously connected to the system bug.

Sorry for bumping, this is the only mention of this problem I could find.

I had the same problem in a blitz 19x19 tournament today. The image below is what I saw when the first round finished. Reloading the page solved the problem.
Tournament is https://online-go.com/tournament/59657.

PS: I guess it should be recategorised as bug report, but I’m not sure if I should flag for that.

1 Like

Agreed. Done. We’ll make sure @anoek is aware of this server error. It has happened before unfortunately, we’re looking into it.

I feel comfortable confirming that this is an old bug, not a new one. As long as I can remember, it’s been necessary to refresh the tournament page between rounds if you have kept it open for these types of tournaments.