Can sm1 change our ranking?

Hi there!

My friend and I (supermegapieman & mia_moon) just signed up for online-go and it is quite the amazing site! :smiley:
But we did something wrong, I donā€™t know what, and now weā€™re both logged in at 17k, even though he just started understanding the rules and Iā€™m barely 18k. Currently we are just playing against each other (little time and itā€™s our time out) and therefore Iā€™m pretty sure the ranking wonā€™t change into the right direction. Is there something we or someone else could do about it? I couldnā€™t find anything onlineā€¦

I would be really helpful if someone could help us out here : )
Best wishes
Mia

Hi Mia!

Iā€™ve changed your ranks. :smiley:

Cheers,
Fran

Hi Francisa!

Thank you very much! Now the go-community wonā€™t expect too much from us, should we dare to venture out and play against you others as well ;p

Sandbaggers everywhere!

< jk > :wink:

Hahaha, actually I had the courage to play against others today and it was loads of fun, so if you want to, we can play right now @trohde :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks, @mia_moon, currently my workload allows only for correspondence games ā€¦ if youā€™d like to play such a slow game, youā€™re welcome to challenge me :slight_smile:

My preferred settings:
Time Control: Fischer: Clock starts with 3 Days, increments by 12h per move up to max. 7 days (or slower, if you prefer). (My work is stressful enough, canā€™t take Go stress if I cannot play for a day or so.)
Handicap: as much as feel comfortable with, though Iā€™d recommend automatic.
Analysis: on or off, as you please.
Ranked. (canā€™t do harm to any of us, IMO, and itā€™s good to ā€œworkā€ on oneā€™s rank; but Iā€™ll also play unranked.)

Cordially, Tom

@trohde Okay, sent you an invitation :wink: But unfortunately I couldnā€™t set it as ranked as there is a too big difference between our rankingsā€¦

@FranƧisa Thank you very much again for changing our ranking and sorry to bother you again, but I think I am indeed a bit stronger than the original 25k, and it leads to people underestimating me and being annoyed when they lose the game :frowning:
Would there be any possibility to change it down to maybe 18kyu/19kyu, or will i have to wait until the automatic ranking system does it? feeling sheepish

[quote=ā€œmia_moon, post:7, topic:2210ā€][ā€¦] unfortunately I couldnā€™t set it as ranked as there is a too big difference between our rankingsā€¦[/quote]no problem

[quote][ā€¦] I think I am indeed a bit stronger than the original 25k, and it leads to people underestimating me and being annoyed when they lose the game Would there be any possibility to change it down to maybe 18kyu/19kyu, or will i have to wait until the automatic ranking system does it? feeling sheepish
[/quote]LOL, rather a wolf in a sheepā€™s hide, perhaps? Now youā€™re playing with nine stones against me, sandbagger! :smiley: