(Unofficial) Changelog

Alright, I’ll update again at the end of this month!

6 Likes

Note: these are only the front-end changes. AFAIK only anoek could tell us what happened when on the back end.

It could be nice to note who made each change?

8 Likes

Especially if something goes wrong with it! :japanese_ogre: (Is this the most evil emoji we have? Seriously???)

5 Likes

This is a nice place for nice people :innocent:

3 Likes

:chess_pawn:

12 Likes

“Sorry, must be a back-end problem” :wink:

3 Likes

I would love to be able to see the changes when they happen. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Then create a GitHub account and follow OGS, or else keep this link open in a tab and watch for changes

3 Likes

Yes, I like to know what bugs have been fixed and what new features have been added to the products and services that I often use. Perhaps all the update descriptions could be in one thread or subset of this forum so we could explicitly subscribe to them?

The issue organisation page under projects also looks interesting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Subscribe to this thread if you’re interested, I’ll just keep posting here.

3 Likes

It’s interesting that the open ranking bugs are buried in there, rather than at the top…

March 2021

- Fixed: z-index for the "Player name" search box on the Ladder page
- Fixed: ctrl-c override conflicts between copying game variations and copying text
- Option to filter announcements based on author or type of announcement.
- Announcement History available in settings
- Ability to view and edit blocked players in settings
- Fixed: padding on pop-up announcement
- Interactive AI Review
- Fixed: CPU load issue caused by animation
- Removed: "Has recently timed out of game" indicator
- Fixed: rank in SGF files
- Fixed: AI SGF downloads
- Links to games, tourneys and groups no longer show up as "Play Go at online-go.com! | OGS"
Screenshots

The z-index bug:

Links in forums:

Announcements dropdown:

7 Likes

Not ignoring this - I definitely want to give credit where credit is due, but I also want to keep the focus of the changelog on the actual changes. Another smaller issue: I don’t know all the GitHub<->OGS usernames. That said, I encourage people reading this to check out the PR list (Merged Pull Requests | March 2021) to see who all is contributing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great! I was hoping for that to happen.
To be perfect, a list a little bit longer with changes and especially bugs fixed before these (let say like from 6 months ago?) would anticipate questions and help answering more in the forum.
Thanks anyway for the good job

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I found it a long time ago and then couldn’t find it again. Github really isn’t designed for non-coders. Anyway it shows the list of issues that are gathered together in relation to tournaments.

It can also be a good place to look for an existing issue if key-word search isn’t working for you.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thanks @yebellz for re-opening! Here’s January updates:

January 2022

- Feature: Rengo! (thanks GaJ!)
- Updates to AI review key moves (thanks philipkd!)
- Remove Google Analytics
- Feature: Download game as GIF
- Supporter subscription updates
- Mod QoL updates
- enhancement: GitHub social auth, account linking
- enhancement: Show who won in game info modal (thanks maurelio!)
- fix: AI game naming issue (thanks maurelio!)
- fix: game display issue on older iOS devices (thanks shinuito!)
- fix: prevent NaN periods in challenge creation (thanks maurelio!)
- fix: Markdown not being updated (thanks GaJ!)
- fix: refresh loop for games embedded in iframe
- General code cleanups (thanks dsaxton and maurelio!)
    - React best practices
    - Developer tools
    - turn on prettier, additional lint rules
- stale issue bot for the issue tracker

This is just me summarizing what I see in PRs and commits, so anyone feel free to jump in if you know of something I missed!

8 Likes

What about general code cleanups and typing, thanks benjito!?

3 Likes