Counting of ranked games

The question: is the number of ranked playing games, as shown
ranking%20games
are counted from the last played games, or from the first ones? Te total number (5000) is not changing during several last years…

1 Like

Yeah it only displays your 5000 most recent games. I’m sure the rest must be stored on the server somewhere since your opponents still need the record, so I’s say it’s probably to keep profile page generation time reasonable.

The rating history is cropped at 5000 games.

All games are still available in your game history.

1 Like

I believe this is cropped too, at least it was the last time I looked…

Edit. Nope, seems I’m wrong. That or it changed recently. Game history does indeed show completely.

There are definitely all games:

https://online-go.com/api/v1/players/15530/games

Screenshot_20190910-114700__01

https://online-go.com/api/v1/players/58441/games

1 Like

Yeah I checked gnugo and it had over 33000 PAGES of games lol

Off topic: actually, 83345 pages of 10 games each. :grin:

Super Off topic: looking for GnuGo I found also GnuGo2 and GnuGo3

But if I try to see their profile:

2 Likes

Sorry! Over 33000 pages (of length 25 games each) :joy: is that better Mr. Fussypants? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@Julko I’m not sure if you are aware of it, but Chinitu has made a beautiful OGS analytic tool called Got Stats?. This should showcase all of your games. I can see that Got Stats only shows 7613 of the 8083 games Flavo’s record shows. I’m not sure why there is a difference. But Got Stats certainly contains more information about your games than your base OGS profile. I hope this help :wink:

3 Likes

Got Stats filters out annulled games, whereas the OGS profile displays them.

3 Likes

But my interest is in numbers pointing wins and looses vs stronger and weaker players.
Are they counted from the last 5000 played games, or from the first 5000 played?

All the visual graphs up the top are part of the same set and all use your most recent 5000 games.

3 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.