Request: Custom Komi For Demo Board

Komi cannot be chosen when making a demo board. The default komi of the chosen ruleset is used and cannot be edited later. But what if, for instance, I wanted to create a review of an old game that used 0 komi?

12 Likes

As a workaround, you can upload an sgf (with the desired settings) into your library and then review that game, which should retain all the info.

But yeah, seems needless.

8 Likes

Here’s the live relay of a game in the German Championship Finals where it would have been nice to be able to set the Komi—to 7 in this case—, as the mentioned workaround wouldn’t make sense in a live relay:

Wouldn’t have made a difference in the result in this case—B+1, the demo board says B+1.5—but still … would be nice if it were possible.

5 Likes

Pweeeease? :3

3 Likes

Bump…

2 Likes

I edited the topic to make it a little clearer that this is not just some chit-chat :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Also would be helpful for setting correct komi on smaller boards (25.0 for 5x5, 9.0 for 7x7, 7.0 for 9x9 and 13x13).

(All my rengo challenges these past few days have manually set komi (13x13) to 7.0)

3 Likes

Zero komi would be useful for setting up endgame puzzles in demos and making the math easier. (Example where komi was a distraction)

6 Likes

Bump… @anoek

2 Likes

Bumpity…

5 Likes

OGS is constantly being developed (I can’t take any of the credit) but the road to progress is indeed “bumpity”.

6 Likes

Whennnnnnnnn :sob:

2 Likes

11 Likes

@anoek ? :3

@GreenAsJade @dexonsmith Any chance you could help out with this…? :3

1 Like

This post should be pinned somewhere :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

FYI, I filed Allow custom komi to be specified on demo boards · Issue #2501 · online-go/online-go.com · GitHub ten days ago to track this, but forgot until now to update the forum thread. (I have a pull request out for review; I expect it’ll land in the next week or so, depending on deployment schedule.)

5 Likes

Awesome!!! Thank you <3

1 Like

This has now been deployed to production.

4 Likes

Nice!

I’m getting an error when trying to open the information box when I’ve specified 0.5 komi

TypeError: i.komi.toFixed is not a function.

4 Likes