Diplomatic Go šŸ—” The Second Game

wait what? is that good or bad before or now?

1 Like

Now itā€™s good to know, at least. Not that good that they are so engaging towards me just when in desperate need while not being heard of the rest of the time. I wonder what all those pms might mean. I also wonder how bugcat thinks they can be trusted this way. If a greeting conceals an interest, it also conceals a price.

Even though I want to establish a good relationship with everyone interested in doing so, Iā€™d recommend not to trust such behaviours. Bugcat, with their last comment, seems not to care too much about cooperation, and to ask for battle with unfounded accusations. Maybe they have provisional allies, but to them I ask: do you really trust bugcat?

ā€œHe who blinks too much shall lose an eyeā€. Or moreā€¦

4 Likes

I resign!

Good game, everyone.

1 Like

Just for general information:

Resigning is not a valid move in this game. It was in the previous game, but has been removed, since the elimination mechanic has changed. Players can submit a move by giving coordinates or by playing passes.

Furthermore, only moves submitted via PM are valid, a declaration in the public chat is in no way binding.

4 Likes

Alright, I ā€œgraciously excuse myself from the game, with the intention not to play again and the hope not to be further notified.ā€

: D

1 Like

In light of this new development, I am not submitting a move within the first half of this 48-hour submission periodā€¦

4 Likes

In the absence of move submissions from @kingkaio, @bugcat and @Maharani, Round 5 will be extended 24 hours.

The new deadline is 2020-10-13T20:00:00Z.
N.B.: Per the rules, players who fail to submit moves before the extended deadline will be replaced.

4 Likes

I was about to be worried that I was too late. Now Iā€™m curious who tried to resign.

Bugcat publicly indicated a desire to resign. You even liked their post above.

I took that as both a joke and a nonexistent-example.

I feel sorry for bugcat, but I do not believe that finding a peaceful solution in the lower-left corner between me and them is possible anymore. I did not want to spoil the game for them, and I hope this doesnā€™t disencourage them from joining diplomatic games in the future.

1 Like

@bugcat If you stay in the game, I will play a move to support you this round. (I had not ruled that out before the announcement of resignation either, was just too busy IRL to reply)

I enjoyed the game, but I am ā€œresigningā€ this round with no intention to play any further.

I also have some other things that Iā€™d like to do with my time, so Iā€™m content to concede the loss at a natural point. As my first diplomatic game, it was quite interesting but I donā€™t have an imminent desire to play another one.

No hard feelings towards anyone: I just made a poor decision to attach at C3, misreading certain diplomatic overtures from various players.

I wish you all the best of luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I still think bugcat has a large chance and should stay.

4 Likes

Like yeah things can quickly turn but like you have a chance and should stay.

1 Like

I think itā€™s premature for bugcat to quit, since thereā€™s still a fighting chance, maybe some space to work with, potential deals to be negotiated, and at least the possibility to seek vengeance while going down swinging. However, we canā€™t force anyone to play, so if they choose to leave, we simply have to adapt to that. I guess a replacement might join us in round 6, if bugcat doesnā€™t submit a move for this round.

3 Likes
1 Like

Hi everybody, the Cing of Cochineal has stepped down, and I am happy to announce, that I as new Cing will continue to strive for the general well-being of our nation in coexistence with most of our neighbour.

For the Crimson Louse!

8 Likes

pink@Sanonius will indeed be joining the game. They have had no access to the kibitz log, and if everything went well, they should now have access to all private communication that was formerly done with bugcat. In case this is not true, please add Sanonius to your private communication.

Bugcat has been added to the Kibitz garden, and is therefore from now on not allowed to discuss the game with any of the players.

5 Likes

Their ruler may have changed, but their actions are not erased from our history books. My people are eager to return home. I demand that the Cochineal Cingdom cease their attack on our land. We have no other place to go.

5 Likes