Easier means of downloading game records

While each game can be downloaded from the game screen itself, it would be nice if a link to the SGF was available in the Games Library listing.

Also, it might be nice if there was a way to zip up all the games for a user and download that. I figure this is more resource intensive and could be a link for the User’s view of their own profile.

4 Likes

Good idea, i’ll add it to the todo

Yeah it is a bit resource intensive which is why we haven’t done it yet. We generate them on the fly, so it’s not just a matter of passing things off to zip and streaming it through… we’ll probably do this eventually (with some limits to protect the servers), but it’s not at the top of our todo list.

3 Likes

+1 to the bulk download request. I have hundreds of high-quality games and reviews on OGS that I’d like to have offline. I understand you don’t want everyone clicking it: limiting to one such request a month would be fine by me, or protected by 10 captchas and a tsumego.

3 Likes

Bump! I’ve got a few hundred nice games with review comments in OGS, would be nice to get them exported so I can search them and also have them archived should OGS ever die.

4 Likes

We’ve already seen in the below thread that bulk downloading is achievable with the right care towards server load… I wonder if it would be too much trouble to sort by username first to get all the results of a player…

3 Likes

Thank you… It’s 2022. Im guessing this is updated I’m sure. This is a really good. Thank you…