Eyes wide shut

Would we play better if we close our eyes more during a game, as to step back from the shapes and moyo to boost brain power???.. :eyes: :brain:

6 Likes

Why do you keep deleting then reopening this thread?

1 Like

i want to post this to see what people think, but i’m a little embarrassed at the same time as it seems a daft question. What do you think?

1 Like

For brain power i dunno. But it could help maybe to take some distance.
It’s one of my favorite advice for beginners, take more distance from the board, have a more global look on the game.

2 Likes

thanks, I am glad you don’t find this a silly question, i feel it has helped me more recently to close my eyes and picture the josekis

2 Likes
1 Like

Some say there are no silly questions in a forum, please feel free to ask.

4 Likes

such powerful scene, thanks for that!!

1 Like

It can be good for your eyes too, watching a screen for too long time.

1 Like

yeah that’s true also. I sat in a dark room for 10 minutes, eyes open, and could see all these colours swirling around, that must be all that screen time!!

1 Like

Often we can get too focussed on local ideas. For games with a longer time limit, getting up to grab a drink at a key point can help you see the bigger picture. Not sure if closing your eyes will have the same effect but playing blind go is great for your visualisation training.

1 Like

Yes, the short break aspect is my view on this matter. Blind Go is probably too far for me anyway!

1 Like

Blind go is getting possible when both players have enough use of shapes, regular patterns… I would say like mid sdk, on a 9x9.
For a public activity like a promotion of a go club in a exposition, a simultaneous game is as impressive for the spectators and much more easier to play!

2 Likes