Feature request: randomize time between moves in autoplay

It would be nice to be able to provide a semblance of organic behavior to the game autoplay feature. I occasionally use it to replay pro games while I’m doing something else, but the intensely clock-like behavior (every 20 seconds, for instance) is a little annoying to me, I’m not sure why.

The dream feature would be one that plays faster through known sequences (corner / side joseki) and slower through more rarely-seen moves, but that’s much much more difficult to implement, so I’m starting with something that I think is more reasonable: add some configurable jiggle time to the autoplay feature.

For instance: “play a move every [20] seconds, +/- [5] seconds” would play every move within a window of 15 to 25 seconds from the previous move.

4 Likes

I like using just 0.7 seconds, but having it somewhere between 0.6 and 1 second would be pretty sweet ^^

1 Like

This looks to be a very easy feature to implement, here:

The hardest thing would be updating the Settings page to support the options.

If you raised a github ticket, it could get marked as “a good first feature” and some keen new person might do it (or anoek might tell us that he doesn’t want to clutter the options with this :wink: )