Feature suggestion --- Friend note

OGS Joseki Explorer, aka Online Go Server Joseki Explorer, depending how comfy you are nesting your acronyms.

3 Likes

Oh cool, I had a feeling it was the joseki tool, but didn’t know it had an official name

Very. Any other GNU enthusiasts here? :grinning:

3 Likes

@anoek it appears beta needs remote_storage table configured. Details in OGS PM.

A couple of questions about this

• Is there any reason why this should be only for friends?

• Would it be a good idea to add a “reason” text box in the “block player” pop-over, and that reason gets appended to the person’s notes automatically?

(I’ve done an initial implementation where you can save “player notes” for any other player, not just friends)

2 Likes

…I imagine a “glitch” where the “reason” actually gets then delivered to the blocked player instead of saved :sweat_smile:

any help to block is de facto an incentive to block so I’m against.

extending notes to all players is good, so you can take your time to chose who is friend or not, or just notes can be useful even if it’s not a friend.

2 Likes

I mean if anything this is a barrier to block not a help since it generates a pop-up where previously none existed…? Not entirely sure what you’re trying to say here…

OGS calls them a friend as soon as you add them even though they aren’t what you would call a ‘friend’

If I may quote @Kosh from my recent thread https://forums.online-go.com/t/negative-imagery-on-the-unfriend-button/35260:

Kosh: The hijacking of the word ‘friend’ by the online world is one of my pet hates so perhaps another solution is to change from ‘friend’ to ‘contact’ which likewise makes the ‘unfriend’ into ‘uncontact’ with less negative vibery imho.

1 Like

Right, but I was’t looking at the semantics of the word being used, I was looking at the suggested limitation on scope of this feature,

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.