Feature suggestion: hide my rank from me

I’ve been thinking about something like this, but more on that at a later date. :slight_smile:

Currently, if you log onto OGS and want to play a game,…

• you see your home screen and on the right-hand side, there’s your rank. Well, you can remove that with uBlock.
  • you select the [Play] menu item and you’re greeted with everyone else’s ranks, probably only those who are around your skill level. You can’t block it, that defeats the purpose of seeing match offers. You can block player names with a bit of tinkering, but that hides everyone’s name. Perhaps suboptimal.
  • so you play a game of automatch and when it starts, you quickly ( ;D )open the slide menu and click the Zen button. Fair enough, but zen doesn’t stick, so you have to do this everytime.
  • The game’s over, you follow the etiquette and say “thanks for the game” or something to that effect, and you see the text your opponent wrote. “Wow you’re only {insert rank here}? I could swear you’re sandbagging!” - yes, it’s getting harder now. You’ll have to block/ignore chat. Possible, but maybe not very socially well-received.

If you want to hide (from) your rank, … there’s a lot you need to hide (from) and ignore…

3 Likes