Features everyone secretly wants on OGS but will never be implemented

Screenshot 2020-12-01 161736

Anoek be like

31 Likes

But it will be short-lived, because the Pure OGS Core will rise, and anoek be like
anoek

17 Likes

No wait, what if…

The button will only be shown to proven sandbagger/cheaters?! Then the normal people won’t know.

Wait wait wait wait what if

The feature is already implemented, but we don’t know?

8 Likes

Now I’m legitimately questioning my life, my existence and the universe.

5 Likes

That’s actually not that bad of an idea.
I wish there was an option to conditionally pass. It’s useful for the last few stones.

14 Likes

That’s no secret, and already asked Here

5 Likes

Conditional Resign is a lot more demanded option xD

7 Likes

We could have some entertaining options like:

Make the sound of someone trying to play “happy birthday to you” with a stone and the table.
Make the sound of someone messing the stones in his bowl.
Make the sound of someone letting his bowl fall down on the floor
Make louder noises when putting a stone
Make the sound of someone shaking his foot on the foot of his chair
Shake the board a little bit.
Crash the board as resignation (With an option to propose to put back the stones from memory).

We could have manual counting, for the different sets of rules, like in the reality.

13 Likes

No secret for rengo too, and already asked: Here

6 Likes

Yeah rengo is not called a “secretly wanted” feature. Threads asking for rengo take about half of this forum :laughing:

10 Likes

We could have a bit more negotiating side like for example:

What you want for let me play twice?
What do you want for removing that stone?
For let me kill this group? Let me save mine?

Something else I was thinking we could reproduce: there is a system of increasing/decreasing the handicap from the result of each played game (which is much quicker as normal) between 2 players. Quite common in weiqi place sometimes.
That could be proposed from the start of a special session. And could be announced in the chat when agreed.

About the chat we could have automatic announcement when becoming SDK and dan and reverse too, back to SDK or DDK. (Could be extended but i figure these are the most important for a majority of players and more would become too intrusive)

Another auto announcement could be with long strikes (10/20/30…)

3 Likes

Every once in a while I wish there was a This topic will close 3 months before the last reply option.
:crazy_face:

9 Likes

You mean like, when you roll a full house with your 5 dice, I’ll give you 2 sheep and 3 wood and you’re allowed to move twice while doing a pantomime of a squirrel?

5 Likes

Much needed Kibitz-friendly chat feature.

19 Likes

A fun mode where the players have only three “add a random stone for the opponent’s next move” choices … do you want to spoil the opponent’s plans? Is there a ko you need to win? Click “Submit and the opponent gets a random stone on the board” and you actually get to play again on the same area …

Unless the random stone is actually useful to the opponents eheheh :innocent:

2 Likes

I already do this by hand.
Not that difficult to require automatic tasks. :smile:

1 Like

Yep. I thought it could go a bit against the rating system so prone to not be well accepted, but I find it fun and respectable in itself. We could put a name (“duel”?) fix an automatic format, a bit like a ladder format, and spread it between OGS players.

1 Like

This is hilarious. Now I want this.

But also, doesn’t conditional resign just mean you should resign? :wink: I need a conditional pass though

5 Likes

A conditional resign might be used if your opponent does not fall for your last chance desperate trick play. However, if the opponent does fall for a trick play, then the conditional move might want to select something else, since then there may still be a chance to win.

9 Likes

(this is a video you can play by clicking on it)

Edit: Sorry, this was actually implemented. You can view a game, open developer tools and paste this line into the javascript console:

DOC=document;DOC.getElementsByClassName("goban-container")[0].insertAdjacentHTML('afterend','<div style="background:salmon;color:black;padding:2px;z-index:99;"><input id="SPEDE" type="range" min="0" max="1000" value="15" style="width:100%"/></div>');ROT=0;setInterval(function() {ROT=ROT+DOC.getElementById("SPEDE").valueAsNumber;DOC.getElementById("board-canvas").parentNode.style.transform=`rotate(${ROT/80}deg)`; }, 33);
7 Likes