Features everyone secretly wants on OGS but will never be implemented

I’ve been looking at the code a bit, and it’s beyond what I can figure out, but if the devs could add some data about the ladder/tournament to the HTML tags for each game, I could easily make this view possible with a little custom CSS injected via a Chrome extension.

3 Likes

Hey devs! (@Eugene?) If you can add some extra data to the Goban div like this:

<div class="Goban" data-game-id="123" data-tournament-id="1234">
<div class="Goban" data-game-id="123" data-ladder-id="1234">

then I’ll publish instructions for setting up custom backgrounds like that! And maybe that data would be useful for other things in the future.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a squincy little challenge isn’t it, injecting context into the Goban…
… I wonder if a context-providing wrapper div would be better and easier…

Edit: LOL indeed we already have such a thing, goban-container :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@pdg137 assuming this generates more discussion, let’s talk about it here.

My first questions await :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not a bad idea, since some people don’t always know when to quit. (Although, since most do, it’s kinda pointless here.)

I’m fine with “hints for weak players” or something. If you don’t benefit, you’re stronger than that.

How about having the circle, square, triangle, and cross markers available without analysis?

It’d be nice for streamers.

3 Likes

If you mean in the case where analysis is off by setting, then I think be able to draw on the board let’s you circumvent the setting, imagine using circles for whites moves and triangles for black or something.

In the case with analysis enabled I don’t think it’s a big deal to start analysis either with an arrow key or otherwise.

1 Like

I think be able to draw on the board let’s you circumvent the setting

You can draw on the board without analysis?

I’m counting putting circles squares etc on the board as drawing… Labelling?

Hmm, I thought by “drawing” you mean using the pen tool.

1 Like

Make the sound of someone putting their hand in their glass instead of the stone bowl

4 Likes

I’ve done that with hot coffee before ;~;

1 Like

That’s what OGS should implement instead of standard one color go design:

19 Likes

My eyes!!

2 Likes

All slowly rotating at slightly different rates…

17 Likes

Do we have custom stones yet to go with our custom boards?

I know we have custom-colour stones but it’s not the same~

4 Likes

It’s possible now!

2 Likes

When you request an undo in a correspondence game, you should have to play your intended move as a conditional move so that if your undo is accepted the correct move is immediately played instead.

11 Likes

Makes it hard to do multiple undos in a row though, unless “undo” becomes a valid conditional move :grin:

We would also need “pass”.

3 Likes