FIFA World Cup 2022

FIFA World Cup 2022 is set to start tomorrow, are there any other ogsers watching the matches?

Who are you rooting for? My country didnt qualify, so yay im free to choose freely who to cheer for next 2 weeks xD

3 Likes

I’m boycotting. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

7 Likes

Is it because FIFA or because Qatar? Or both…?

2 Likes

Because FIFA has lost all shame and we got Qatar. I guess FIFA are eternally grateful that Putin gracefully waited for them to secure their bag and then start a war, imagine the mental hoops they would have to jump through if the last two hosting countries were reversed.

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to ruin your thread’s mood, it was my instinctive honest answer.

7 Likes

Can understand if you are not in the mood for it. Did watch the opening game Qatar-Ecuador and it was rather disappointing. Qatar lost and will probably lose the other two games too.

2 Likes

Yeah the first match was kinda disappointing, Ecuador simply looked much stronger team ://

But hey theres more games to come, groups C, E, and G look like there will some great match-ups coming ^^

Australia lost their comfortable OFC slot and instead have to compete in the much tougher AFC. Only two teams in the AFC are ranked lower than Aus, and one of them is the host nation… so I really don’t like our chances of advancing.

(But hey, at least we qualified)

1 Like

Aaaaargh, i cannot watch netherlands match… My colorblind brains cannot tell their orange clothes from the green grass xD

2 Likes

good reason to cheer for senegal

so it would be difficult to find your profile pic in the grass?

2 Likes

It’s soccer… does it really matter? :wink::rofl:

1 Like

Just wasted time by watching SEN - NED (0-2).
We were lucky that the newbie goalkeeper Noppert played a good game.
But it also could have been a loss against Senegal.
Very mediocre game. Next game against Ecuador I hope to see a better playing Dutch team.
But okay, we won.

1 Like

I’m rooting for my national team, the netherlands. But i get why people have something against this world cup, lots of dubious stuff happening.

3 Likes

Argentina lost to Saudi-Arabia? o.o

How on earth did that happen? D

4 Likes

Well, Argentina mostly has Messi and he’s already elderly. Saudis are used to heat, have money. Plus luck.

The current temperatures in Argentina and in Qatar are comparable.

1 Like

Most of the Saudi team play for a single club - Al Hilal - so they have some synergy that other teams might be lacking

1 Like

@BHydden damn that game against France started out really good, in the first 15 minutes i seriously thought aussies were the better team. I guess that first goal really woke up the french team ://

But hey the still games against Tunisia and Denmark, theres still good chance to see Australia in top16 ^^

1 Like

Poor Japan

1 Like

Poor Germany :upside_down_face:

1 Like