First review request, 10k vs. 8k

Hi all! I’m requesting a review of a game in which I played black and lost by 22.5 points. Before I list the details, I should mention that a) I’m not sure if 10k is my accurate rank; I may be weaker and b) this is my first forum post; if there is a special way to format these, I’m sorry I didn’t know :neutral_face: I poked around the forums a little and couldn’t find anything.

Anyway, here is the link:

I was hoping for feedback in the opening, since I think that’s where I really gave up a lot of territory. I probably could have handled the threat at the lower middle of the board better, as well. But even then, I was already very far behind in territory.

It’s the first time I’m trying to review a game on my own, and I frankly find it a little overwhelming, so any help would be much appreciated!

Here you go. And welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for the review! I’m surprised I didn’t see this until now. I really value your input; it’s very helpful, especially pointing out that I was consistently using the same bad shape. Thanks again :slight_smile: