Four Seasons Tournament Series Announcements

Dear friends!

I’m glad to inform you that registration of participants in the first tournaments of the fourth game season of our group started today.
At your service is the regular seasonal tournament FSTS Autumn 2017, as well as the FSTS Knockouts September 2017 tournament, which will be held in an experimental format.

Welcome, friends!

FSTS Autumn 2017

FSTS Knockouts September 2017

1 Like

Dear friends!

I invite you to participate in the new fast tournaments from our group. This is a competition for those who do not want the game to last forever. If these competitions are in demand - the following tournaments of the same format will not take long to wait!
Welcome!

FSTS Fast DAN Showdown #1

FSTS Fast SDK Showdown #1

FSTS Fast DDK Showdown #1

2 Likes

By numerous requests of our group members, a set of two new tournaments on small boards has been opened. Welcome!

FSTS Nine Lives October 2017

FSTS Devil’s Dozen October 2017

2 Likes

In the October tournament of the popular series time control is changed and the maximum number of participants is significantly limited. Do not be late!

FSTS Knockouts October 2017

1 Like

It’s time to start competitions for the title of FSTS Master. The tournament will be difficult, with little time control and a limited number of participants. The winner will be immortalized on the group page.

FSTS Master 2017 - 2018

2 Likes

What does “little time control” mean?

Does it mean “very strict time, little time available for moves” or “hardly any time control, take as long as you like”?

4 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

Isn’t English wonderful :smiley: You can say the opposite thing with the same words! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

@GreenAsJade You will find the answer to your question on the tournament page. You do not need English for this.

2 Likes

I saw the rules on the Tournament page. That tells us what the settings are, but not what the sentiment of the statement was. “1 day + 1 day incremen with weekend pause” could be viewed as either “not much time control” (IE basically a slow live game) or “strict time control” (a fast correspondence game). This in turn might tell us something about the expectations of the participants for vacation, pauses and other leniency by the moderator… given that the actual time setting is on the rules, I was just curious what the extra statement was conveying.

In fact, you could argue that the other part “it will be difficult” does indicate that it means “very strict time”, but I wasn’t really understanding what is difficult about one move per day.

Is it difficult because you end up with lots of games at the same time?

1 Like

One move per day doesn’t sound so bad but for some one move EVERY day simply isn’t possible.

Just to avoid going on a tangent: the point is my enquiry was about the spirit of the original statement.

I wondered “what is it that makes this tournament difficult?”, because the given time settings didn’t look difficult to me.

If it’s as simple as “most people find this time setting difficult”, OK I get it.

But I wanted to understand if there was something else. I don’t really have a good handle on what McMahon means in practice (I have read the wikipedia page).

1 Like
2 Likes

Registration of participants of the tournament for the title of FSTS Warrior 2017 - 2018 has started. The winner of this difficult competition will be immortalized on the group page.

1 Like

Registration of participants of the tournament for the title of FSTS Champion 2017 - 2018 has started. The winner of this difficult competition will be immortalized on the group page.

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

The group was actually closed in 2018, I didn’t realize that. Farewell~

2 Likes

Don’t ditch the group! It is our secret club for people that came before it closed :slightly_smiling_face: