G0tstats is back! (with more stats)

i dont know what to make of this

Can you check the Network tab? Is there any error-ed request (404 or something?)

so now im trying to view page source and

showed up for all the ajax js

Well I guess you’ll have to wait for the new version of g0tStats then (it’s on the way) I’m moving away from angular so it’ll likely be solved then :frowning:

5 Likes

hopefully :laughing: anyways thanks for help and replying. <3

Hey guy, I know I said the “new version” is on the way but it’s taking a lot more time than I expected. I plan to do it slowly and steadily - this one is a complete remake with another framework because I no longer enjoy working with the old one. (Yeah, programming is a lot like relationship - one day you just wake up and realize she’s not the one for you).

Anyway just to test out @adam problem, can you try this link and see if it works for you: http://vatcss.info/games/gotstats-react/ ? :slight_smile: (and yes, that’s the current progress of this version)

P/S: I don’t think there will be many change features-wise in this version, I do have some minor improvements in mind but nothing impressive. My focus in this version is to create a code base that someone other than me can actually read and understand (and hopefully contribute to). I’ve seen some people fork my repo on github and try to do something themselves but none got far enough - most likely because of the 2000 lines controllers.js file :sob:

4 Likes

Hey @Chinitsu I just tested the new link with both my name and @adam and it worked for both :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hey chinitsu, it works great :slight_smile: it does seem a little bit slower but thats probably just because of the amount of games and pages on my acc.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

worked fine on my pc, but not my phone (chrome on android). the system couldnt indentify my username.

thx for your work :slight_smile:.

Just to make sure, did you turn off the auto-capitalize of the first character on your phone? Username is case-sensitive and I noticed your name is all-lowercase while mobile inputs have the habit of capitalizing the first character of an input.

2 Likes

good thing you made sure :smile:. turns out my phone had saved my username with capital K. it did work after i made sure everything was lowercased.

3 Likes

Good moment to update the OGS logo :slight_smile:
https://cdn.online-go.com/assets/ogs_light.svg
https://cdn.online-go.com/assets/ogs_dark.svg

4 Likes

ooo cool, will do :smile:

2 Likes

Just noticed that if you search for an account with no game history it just displays a blank page. Perhaps you could put in an exception stating that the user was found but that no games have been played yet?

1 Like

Wow, it said I had a devestating victory against zirokaka after an intense game! https://online-go.com/game/160588
I checked out the game. I won in one move, after a particularly vicious opening komoku!
Since my opponent timed out, I figure he must have fainted when he saw it.

11 Likes

So *cough* friends, if you still remember g0tStats, I just want to give a little announcement that the updated version of the app is “almost” completed now. You can find it here: https://avavt.github.io/g0tstats-react/

It’s a temporary link, I will replace the old version with this one once I’m sure I got the bugs squashed out.

Aside from some very small improvements (biggest win, time of win streak), the most significant change over previous version is that the name doesn’t use L337 code anymore!

The name was originally thought up by someone else, and it’s been quite tough to introduce people to it. So I’ve decided to use a properly spelled name instead. I will also change the url to match the new name once it replace the old version.

I’m having trouble editing the first post to update the link to the app though, is it because it’s been too long ago?

I’d really appreciate it if you guys could check out the new version for me, see if there’s any bug/issue.

And once they’re gone I’ll start working on some new features. What I have in mind are:

• Generally make the whole app looks more interesting. Right now there’s just too many pie charts, I think it’d be better to remove some or merge some.
  • There’s still some info I can add for the opponent and misc sections. For example distributions of opponent based by rank, head-up statistic against specific opponents, etc
  • I think I will find another way to support saving/loading locally. The old method doesn’t work quite well. Once the save/load are done I can start working on more time-consuming data like game details statistics (average game length, favorite fuseki, first move heat map etc).

That’s all I have currently, again I’m sorry it took so long. Somehow I always get carried by work and only put time into the app when I’m jobless (yes I just left my old job so… :D)

P/S: oh and, no more “bloody/intense game”. I’ll wait for AI Analysis to decide that part for me xD

10 Likes

First bug found I think?

Performance across board size has scroll bar?

image image

1 Like

Love it!

1 Like

The graph of final score distribution key says “games opponent wins” and “games username wins” and both are truncated. It could just say wins and losses like all the others.

Also as mentioned above I think it would be better if timeouts were excluded from the “devastating victory” (at least correspondance timeouts if the distinction can be made)

4 Likes

At the moment I can’t reach the page, but it could be my fault (already had this problem before).

I would just suggest:

The overall data could be meaningless for longtime players. It would be nice to see changes over time.

I’d like to compare the rating history (a chart rating vs time) against the opponent’s rating, even though I don’t have clear in mind how to represent the latter. Perhaps a scatter plot? You would see a line (the player’s rating) crawling through a dot cloud (the opponent’s rating of each game). I did this on my own (old) data:

5 Likes