Game control buttons appearing on top of player cards

This is for BHydden

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this :heart:

@GreenAsJade do you have any ideas why undo and resign are appearing with the player cards? You can’t see it in the picture but user reports the same happens for pass and accept removed stones

macbook air and safari

1 Like

It would be wonderful if you could tell me if you get this also in Chrome.

I have no idea why this happened, It started yesterday or may Wednesday. Today I finished two games and the remove stones button does not show. But I think I saw it behind the player cards in that very thin slit. I tried to click, but it would not accept the click.

1 Like

I do not use Chrome, but I can try. I would like to stay with Safari.

1 Like

In Chrome the screen appears normal. Does Chrome usually work better? I can stay there.

1 Like

Some of my settings have changed. Why would that happen?

1 Like

Most settings are saved in cookies, many of them change if you swap device (computer to phone) or browser (safari to chrome)

It depends on what broke and why, but either way knowing it works on Chrome and not Safari helps us track down what the issue is, and whether it is something we can fix on our end or if it is a problem with safari. You might find a smoother experience from Chrome or Firefox since they are the main browsers of our developers, but ideally we should be compatible with Safari as well.

2 Likes

Everything was working just fine until a day or two ago. I think I will stay on Chrome.

Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

It is definitely supposed to work in Safari.

If you are forced to use Chrome, this is just a workaround until we figure out why it broke.

It will be something that changed to support the Rengo layout which Safari doesn’t like.

It’s been a great help to identify that this is the case, thanks.

2 Likes

You are most welcome. Also, sometimes I get a cannot post the move notice for a flash (less than a second) and then the move is recoded. It is a black band with red text.

1 Like

I just fired up Safari on my system (macOS Monterey, Safari v15.2) and it looks okay.

@THE_SAGANIST can you share version info for your OS and browser? Should be available in the “About Safari” section

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 9.57.01 PM

2 Likes

Version 13.1.2 (13609.3.5.1.5)

3 Likes

In your environment, is it possible to update Safari to version 15+ ?

1 Like

How do I do updates for Safari? Updates are usually sent to me and I always install.

1 Like

I think if you do that, and if you can ask Safari “check for latest version”, then you’ve done what you can.

Edit: on my desktop, I can’t even find “check for latest version” … Apple assumes it controls you and gave you what you need guess.

2 Likes

Are you using the latest version of OSX? Because using an outdated OS could potentially hold back your browser updates…

1 Like

Yeah I think Safari is one of those browser strongly tied to OS type of things. Couldn’t learn from the mistakes of micrisoft!

2 Likes

I am using Google Chrome now and my iPhone.
This seems to work quite well.
Thanks