Go Memes Pedantry

Ah, interesting.

Absolutely. It’s about what perspective you get from the way you put the stones.

Note that tesuji can have a broader sense as something very tactical. See the definition by Shuko in his tesuji dictionary (Nihon Kiin)

2 Likes

If I remember the movie, Derek teaches Sara how to read intuitively and step out of the rigid josekis she’d studied all her life.

5 Likes

10 Likes

https://www.usgo.org/news/2019/08/agf-imports-blind-go-sets/
https://wp-cdn.usgo.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/20190816_155341-600x600.jpg

go sets designed for the visually impaired.
Black stones have a raised dot in the middle, so they feel different from the white ones.

11 Likes

At 2mn30, at 17mn, at 36mn, at 44mn
Chinese+french

4 Likes

Incredible talents :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I thought @_Sofiam 's “1000 correspondence games” was just a figure of speech. Nuh-uh, it’s literal :open_mouth: Holy Toledeo that’s impressive!

3 Likes

It’s not impressive imho. spicydragon has managed it, Tetraphenylbenzidin has at least come very close and everyone can do it if they want to and are willing to play fast.
Sometimes I wonder what the humanly possible limit is. I reached 1500 but in my opinion I could have doubled that with slow correspondence games. Maybe even 10.000 is possible. It wouldn’t be healthy though.
I am now trying to accumulate games, I guess you all know why :grimacing:

2 Likes

The Ups and Downs …

2 Likes

Yes, I know I failed/I am a failure. It’s not easy. I have convinced myself that I have a good reason.
From April I will play less…

1 Like

https://forums.online-go.com/t/go-memes/4337/4482

imagine: EVERGREEN ship stuck, internet users do memes because it stuck, and then people who trying to free the ship are sending image above to meme creators

Imagine putting months of work into a product and having it compared to the EverGreen.

The baby on the left is thinking “What on earth good do you think that will do?”.

memes exist for humor purposes only, not to what you think

I can see the appeal of the joke.

It’s a shame that it’s at my expense.

It seems for you the equation calcuation was “the value of the humour to me outweighs the insult I will deliver to him”.

Where I’m sitting, having already stated that I was running out of steam for quick fixes on this project, that little joke just made me feel more like playing my guitar than digging into rengo code… that’s why the baby is wondering what the other baby thought it was achieving.

that wasn’t the purpose, no one will think bad of you because that picture

One should never underestimate the potential for unintended offense on the internet :wink:

But seriously: a disasterous ship called EverGreen … what did you think GreenAsJade would make of it?

Very humorous but very badly timed by you, in particular, as the person who has been continually driving for more work on the project at every turn, complaining at each improvement that it’s still not good enough. T

That meme is a complaint about how long it is taking to fix the vacation bug. Of course that pissed me off, what did you expect?

(Once again, the intelligent looking baby is looking at the continually complaining baby wondering what it thinks it will achieve :wink: )

It’s not the end of the world, or a mortal offence. It does seem deeply ironic to me though that you came here to complain about my response to your offensive joke.

A overloaded big ship stuck like an overloaded rengo, it’s fine. Don’t see anything personal in that. There won’t be any problem if the rengo was not overloaded ( Even it’s bit of compliment)

no, it was about stuck game only
that “green” word exists on ship and on your username I noticed only now.

Well, fortunately I have a good sense of humour, and can see the humour in it.

I wish you had just laughed at my joke in return instead of extending your criticism of me in this thread, but I guess if I were a comedian I wouldn’t be a programmer.

3 Likes