Go Zendo

So the biggest goals the submitted koans in you discovered the rules it could apply to that make sense eg: each group has more then three liberties.Then if it is green you already will narrow down a few rules.

By the way, Martin’s rule automatically implies that

is green and that all of

untitled (1) untitled (2) untitled (3)

are red.

1 Like

I am not a mathematician but I god first in math Kahoot! This week.

2 Likes

May I guess a second time?

You’ll probably guess the right answer, so go ahead :slight_smile:

Ok sure you can go again now , but I think you should discuss your thinking aloud so if you get stuck we can help(if we can)

Is the rule …

“There are no three black stones forming a triangle or there are no three white stones forming a triangle”

…?

2 Likes

You got it!

My formulation was:

A straight line can be drawn on the board that goes through the centres of all black stones, or through the centres of all white stones.

Or an alternative formulation inspired by your earlier guess:

The convex hull of either the black stones or the white stones is trivial.

Or maybe easier to understand:

All the stones of one of the colours lie on a straight line.

4 Likes

@martin3141 you can take the next game.

Nice rule! Thanks for hosting the game!

Can I just say that I love this game? :grin:

5 Likes

Very nice! It sounds simple, but what makes it so tricky to see is the fact that a set of no stones lie on a straight line.

1 Like

Another reason why Le_4TC should not have said this game is stupid.

1 Like

Yes, the trivial counter examples (those with less than 6 stones) made it really tricky to see.

1 Like

I never said it was stupid! I said it was silly, and I was just referring to the idea of using a go board to play Zendo. It’s a silly idea. Doesn’t mean it’s not good.

3 Likes

I already got my “game start set” ready in my photo library

What about this?

Was that because there are no white stones so the line is drawn through the missing stones?

1 Like

Yes, any line here passes through “all” white stones.

1 Like

Yes, all the white stones lie on a straight line, since there are no white stones (so any line will suffice).

But yeah, I got confused by that as well (I should be ashamed of myself)

3 Likes

Wait if there are no white stones there wouldn’t be a line of connecting white stones

Nope any line connects all (aka none) of the white stones.

1 Like