Guess rank game

Well, I guess most of the players who wanted to participated already left their guess. Oh, I wanted to ping everyone, but I guess I can mention only 10 people in my post. That means we have more than 10 participants! I guess go community lacks simple fun games.

Here’s a summary:

• karmalia 23k
  • Chachapuma 16k
  • Conrad_Melville 14k
  • Kosh 12k
  • spatula 12k
  • hiryuu 10k
  • Pond_Turtle 8k
  • BHydden 8k
  • kyulearner 6.5k
  • MrMartin 5k
  • StephenC20XX 3k
  • bugcat 3k
  • wurfmaul3 1d
  • SanDiego 2d

Some clearly expressed that they think it’s a trick game. But I really didn’t want to trick anyone. I thought if I looked too hard into the game, I’d be imposing my own understanding how a certain level game looks like. Yeah, I choose weird opening to make it harder, but other than that I looked only at circumstances of the game. I wanted a close ranked live game between equally strong opponents that went into counting (to get some endgame). Players also needed stable rank, valid-looking history, and not be friends. I also disclosed the length of the game to give everyone idea how hard they were thinking. Now that everyone pointed out ton of mistakes I’m also thinking they weren’t trying hard enough, but on the other hand, if they always play like that, shouldn’t their rank reflect that? Anyway, since people didn’t like my game, let’s have someone else pick the game for round 2, ok?

Now the answer.

Answer

3k game
https://online-go.com/game/12812252
So the winners are:
@StephenC20XX and @bugcat
Congrats!

Let’s take a break for a couple of days to discuss the result and disparage me for picking such a bad game. And after that have someone else pick a really good game for round 2?

13 Likes