Handicap Options

I’m not sure if I’m just missing a setting here or if this just isn’t something that has been developed yet.
I generally don’t like to play with handicap stones (although I don’t mind handicap komi) since it skews how the game is played. In the quick match finder I can’t seem to find a way to disable getting matches with handicap stones. The only options are “no preference”, “prefer handicap” and “require handicap”.
This isn’t a huge problem because I’ll just immediately cancel any games I get into if I see handicap stones on the board, but it would be nice (and probably less annoying to people who I cancel games with) to be able to not get these matches altogether. If anyone knows the setting to fix this that would be great.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Require and disable have the opposite meaning and are just confusing together. I can see how a programmer ended up using those words though.

7 Likes

Ah I see now. Thank you! Never bothered to click on the require handicap option.

4 Likes

It definitely feels like something to put on the to do list to make it easier to understand.

1 Like