Hide correspondence games

Can I hide correspondence games from the list of active games on home, /overview ?

I mostly play live games but couple of teaching correspondence games are there, and they could be distracting while playing bunch of live games together.

Can I hide them from the list of active games on home page?

1 Like

A great idea. :wink:

2 Likes

Really? :scream:

2 Likes

@lysnew my thought too haha, what kind of wizardry is this??? hahaha

1 Like

If you donā€™t have much time and you want to play multiple games, but you donā€™t particularly like the kind of correspondence games that have you play one move a day, you have two options:

1. Play people you know who arenā€™t trying to time (or wear) you out, use ā€œfastā€ correspondence settings (the fastest corr setting is Canadian with 0 main time, 1 day per period and 50 stones ~30min per move ) and enable automatic game switching. Itā€™s the poor manā€™s simultaneous game mode #1.
  2. Open two browser windows and play two live games.

Actually I donā€™t think Iā€™ve tried #2 yet, so not sure if that even works.

1 Like

2 should work for sufficiently long enough main times or byo-yomiā€¦ but i suspect there isnā€™t a huge amount of overlap before it is irrelevant whether you play two long games at the same time or two short games back to back.

I have done this before, it is not very difficult. Especially on smaller boards. I can easily play 4 9x9 games simultaneously.

1 Like

Moreover I play on mobile device, so it could be more useful with small size screens. Less clutter on home page better it is.