How to change my username on the forum as well? [resolved]

Hello!
I have changed my username on OGS but the change only worked for OGS and not OGS forum. Is there a way to change it here as well? Thanks!

1 Like

You should be able to do it from here.
Let us know if you aren’t, we can change it for you

3 Likes

I am under the impression that if you close the forums window and then reopen it from the main OGS site by clicking the ‘forums’ option, that your username will automatically update here. At least that is what I remember.

4 Likes

It did not work, unfortunately, but thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the link. Maybe I am missing something, but I have the impression I can only change the “real name” section and not the “username” section. If you can change it it would be nice if you could change “Fornbogi” into “Mahnmut” which is my new OGS username. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Log off from the forum.
Go to OGS and open the forum again.
It should pick your new username

1 Like

We can’t change username (on the forum side) sorry. Click on top right corner, then on the little person icon, then logout.
Then logging back in should fix it I think.

If that doesn’t work, do the same but delete your cookies between logging out and logging back in.

3 Likes

Yes, excuse me. I thought we could but when I try I get an error.

3 Likes

Yeah, the way it’s set up, the name needs to be pulled from the main site. You can’t change it manually on this end.

5 Likes

Yes, actually it worked as other people told me. I did not realize I had to log off manually. Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, it worked :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent ^ _ ^