How to change my username on the forum as well? [resolved]

Hello!
I have changed my username on OGS but the change only worked for OGS and not OGS forum. Is there a way to change it here as well? Thanks!

1 Like

You should be able to do it from here.
Let us know if you arenā€™t, we can change it for you

3 Likes

I am under the impression that if you close the forums window and then reopen it from the main OGS site by clicking the ā€˜forumsā€™ option, that your username will automatically update here. At least that is what I remember.

4 Likes

It did not work, unfortunately, but thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the link. Maybe I am missing something, but I have the impression I can only change the ā€œreal nameā€ section and not the ā€œusernameā€ section. If you can change it it would be nice if you could change ā€œFornbogiā€ into ā€œMahnmutā€ which is my new OGS username. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Log off from the forum.
Go to OGS and open the forum again.
It should pick your new username

1 Like

We canā€™t change username (on the forum side) sorry. Click on top right corner, then on the little person icon, then logout.
Then logging back in should fix it I think.

If that doesnā€™t work, do the same but delete your cookies between logging out and logging back in.

3 Likes

Yes, excuse me. I thought we could but when I try I get an error.

3 Likes

Yeah, the way itā€™s set up, the name needs to be pulled from the main site. You canā€™t change it manually on this end.

5 Likes

Yes, actually it worked as other people told me. I did not realize I had to log off manually. Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, it worked :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent ^ _ ^