Hurt/Heal Fuseki

heal kobayashi
hurt lei

hurt chinese
heal small chinese

1 Like

From my experience playing low/mid level dan players on a regular basis this is not the case (I can’t speak for high dans). However, you are correct that players who are familiar with the Kobayashi opening will fare better when using it in their games, than those who are unaccustomed to it. But, this can also be said of any opening.

This I already know well. I have no qualms if individuals prefer to support other openings. I actually think it’s a good thing that we have a difference in opinions. I was simply trying to express why I chose the Kobayashi opening over the Low Chinese opening.

Hurt: Chinese
Heal: Kobayashi

1 Like

Because you’ve used it more, basically, right? But how does the other foot drop? Why have you made it your priority to kill the Low Chinese for so long?

I have but one vote per day, so I’m unable to “kill” anything on my own regardless.

Looking back, I cast my first two “hurt” votes for the Low Chinese opening mainly due to it having a low number of points, much like other openings I’d voted against prior (Gorensei, Miyamoto, Swedish etc.). My goal was simply to vote against openings that were low on points, while trying to keep the Kobayashi opening in play for as long as possible. I suppose it wasn’t until your post about the Kobayashi opening, that I actively chose to vote against the Low Chinese opening. This is why I said I understood your opposition.

Again, this isn’t because I dislike the Low Chinese opening, rather it’s because I very much like the Kobayashi opening.

hurt kenka komoku
heal mukai kokoku

Hurt Mark II Kobayashi
Heal Nirensei

(edit: seems I miscounted when making this vote for kenka, so it’s voided)

+kenka
-kobayashi

Well, I’m not wedded to the idea of promoting the chinese far to the front among these remaining options (and the coalition that I thought I joined seems to have petered out for the moment) though I still see no reason to let the kobayashi advance. Downvoting a pattern just because it has few points at the time is a pretty silly way to make a decision, in my view.

Heal Chinese
Hurt Kenka

Heal: Orthodox

Heal Chinese
Hurt Mukai Komoku

Err, wasn’t the Kenka Komoku opening already out of votes before it was healed, then subsequently hurt? I think legas and KoBa already voted against it before.

So I’ll revert to:

+chinese
-kobayashi

And people, if you want me to use my upvotes and downvotes for other things, kill the Kobayashi!

Heal: Kobayashi

Heal Chinese
Hurt kobayashi

Hurt orthodox
Heal micro Chinese

CURRENT STANDINGS
Chinese 5
Cross Hoshi 20
Kobayashi 11
Lei 14
Mark II Kobayashi Formation 15