I think bots should be allowed to be set to AGA rules. (About handicap)

Currently, bots are only allowed to play Chinese rules.
Even if you set other rules, you will still be forced to change to chinese when the game starts.
I understand why bots use Chinese rules, but OGS Chinese rules have problems with handicap. (Yes, it is an OGS problem, because the official Chinese rules are not like this.)

In the handicap game of OGS Chinese rules, handicap can be placed freely.
However, players simply do not know that the handicap game can place stones freely! ! !

After the player moves the first step, they can’t wait for the opponent to respond, so they leave the game and never move again. The game will be placed for a while, and then they will time out. (They didn’t even know it was their turn.)

Therefore, I hope that my bot can play AGA rules instead of Chinese rules. (Because the position of AGA handicap is fixed, and its score is the same as Chinese.)

============

By the way, if the bot is updated to play AGA rules, I hope gtp2ogs can add a parameter that limits the rules. (E.g. --rule chinese,AGA)

7 Likes

Per se, that shouldn’t be difficult to implement. In any case it would ne nice to keep the choice between the two systems

1 Like

By the way, if the bot is updated to play AGA rules, I hope gtp2ogs can add a parameter that limits the rules. (E.g. --rule chinese,AGA)

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.