IPhone interface

I’d like to be able to shrink the board a bit in the analysis mode. Now it’s a bit too big to see the entire board and the arrows underneath.

I see the same problem when doing a review session. I see a better solution than shrinking the board. How about having some way to decrease the number of blank lines between the board and the arrow icons? For example there’s a lot of white space between the board and the word “Review”. Not much of that would have to go to make Review much more feasible on this tiny screen.

1 Like

Can you try on the beta site and let me know how it looks there? It’s changed a bit, but I’m not sure if it’ll be for the better or not. Let me know.

If possible, a screenshot goes a long way in helping me know how much things need to be shrunk down or shifted around too :slight_smile: (only bother with screenshots of the beta though, that’ll be the “active” code base very soon)

will do.

What does "12 to go for the post

cancel

" mean at the bottom of the reply window?

It means that you need 12 more characters in the reply before Discourse will allow it to be posted to the thread.

So I can’t leave a one-word response like “Thanks”

I’d like that option. Give people a chance to easily be polite. The world needs that. :slight_smile:

I haven’t tried the beta either, but this is a bugbear when using the iPhone. Whenever using the analysis mode it’s always been a choice between seeing the buttons to navigate through a game or seeing the top of the board!

You can click on the heart below a user’s post to say thanks easily. :smiley:

2 Likes

I want to get a screen shot of the iPhone in the analysis mode, but I am a provisional player at the beta site. How can I quickly get a 19X19 game to analyze?

@pstraus Put up a challenge and I will accept it. We can cancel after you get your image in you would like.

1 Like

A 19X19 challenge awaits you.

This is fine on my iPhone. Much better than on the regular OGS. Beta is better!

<photo.PNG>

1 Like

I like the interface on the iphone but the green button for games where i have to play doesn’t work and safari crashed often … any plan for an app?

How do you get OGS on an iphone? I’ve tried searching for an app, but I cannot find it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Thetorndollar,

at the moment the App is in Beta, because matburt has a lot of stuff to do first. (Fixing bugs, etc.) :smiley:

Once all the bugs of the new site update have been finished and fixed, I am sure the development of the OGS App will start again!

i play OGS via the safari browser. It okay via browser because of the responsive design but now it crashes again.

I wait for the iOS app then its perfekt :smiley: