Is frequent disconnection punished on the long run?

It does not apply here, however.
So, I don’t see how it helps.

Well I just learn that pause/unpause are not logged so yes in conflict anyone will say what he wants. No help.

Even if they were logged, how does pausing the game and your opponent unpausing, in the OGS setting not in a “tournament with referees setting” help?
The issue isn’t whether it’s logged, it’s that advising someone to pause and leave is actually wrong and, in addition to that, insisting on pausing when our opponent doesn’t agree/ unpauses, is disruptive behavior.

I would caution against stating our opinions as facts, especially when people who are new to the site ask for how things work. Unless it’s stated in documentation and/ or clearly been answered by a moderator in the same manner, everything else should be clear that it’s our opinion on the matter.

1 Like

I am not going to search but once I got that advice from an admin himself to pause if possible, in one of my games.
You can disrupt with a good reason as you are following TOS rules about behaviors and such.

If someone start acting badly yes I may pause first and report. Admins may understand you are not in the conditions you are supposed to be to play.

I would like a @moderator opinion on this, please, because to me it sounds like insistently offering bad advice.

How bad advice it is, when you meet clearly wrong behaviors enough to call a moderator, to suggest to pause? How bad to suggest to not play with a troubled mind, trying to find a way to fight instead ?

Whatever as I learned, pause are not logged so it doesn’t really matter. But I don’t see why it would be a wrong advice. Disturbing the game is already.

Pausing once while filing a report is good advice for games in progress. This is because we can decide a winner for an active game but we can’t reverse a decision after it’s ended, at that point all we can do is annul.

If your opponent removes the pause, putting it back on is unlikely to do any good.

None of this is relevant for a game that hasn’t started yet or had any moves played, and none of it is cause or excuse to leave the board of an active game.

3 Likes

Game creators are allowed to cancel for any reason, but they are expected to cancel. Not canceling wastes their opponent’s time, which violates the TOS. In such cases, I explain the expectation to the person who failed to cancel.

1 Like