Is it possible to create a game, where alreay a endgame position is

Hi,

I wanted to know, if I can create a game, where the players can start in an endgame position. It’s about idea to maybe make Yose Training tournaments. There should be started from the endgame position.

I just see to create time settings and other normal stuff, but I found nothing about starting from a certain position.

If it’s not in tehre, I think it would be a cool thing, if it could be there in the future. I think it’s a great way, to train special situations.

2 Likes

Yes you can use “fork the game” in the game page.

The new forked game will be unrated.

3 Likes

Also for the op, you should be able to fork a game from a demo board.

Or I believe you could upload a game to your sgf library and fork it from there.

1 Like

Okay thanks, I see now, that I can do a game that way, how would it be with tournaments?

1 Like

@Devin_Fraze Do you have any experience with setting up tournaments with unusual settings or fixed board starting positions?

Just thinking of your previous posts about pairing players Pair two people by a third one - #7 by Devin_Fraze

2 Likes

Basically there is no tool in OGS to manage this in some automated way.
So besides some coding self-made (not sure it’s even possible) you have to manage it by hand yourself.
Still creating a group first could help to get at least some basic tools for a tournament management (not sure your project could fit in).

1 Like

I’d check out the Arimaa Endless Endgame Event for an example of organizing a long-running tournament for endgame practice.

2 Likes

I do indeed. The Beta site if BadukClub has this functionality. But since it is still in development I haven’t announced it to much to the public. I’d be happy to work with you on bringing a yose tournament to the public :slight_smile:

2 Likes