Knowing users from a specific country

Hey! I have been trying to find out if there are other players in OGS from my country (Uruguay).

We are only 3.5M people with most of them in the capital so if I find anyone here it’s probable we can meet each other to play personally. I reviewed all of the 3 site ladders and didn’t find a single uruguayan flag there :frowning:

Can anyone help me with this please?

I guess you’ve already tried to contact members of Go Uruguay group? As far as I know there is currently no search by country on OGS. On DGS there are 24 players from your country, only one is currently active… the same rank as you, so maybe it is you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah but they don’t seem to play on OGS these days, besides my friend crodnu. I will try DGS, it’s not me!! :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hey… Almost 2 years later… I came back to this and found the answer I was looking for :smiley:

It’s possible to do it using the API!

I now found the 52 users that are from Uruguay and pmed them all :smiley:

https://online-go.com/api/v1/players?country=uy

4 Likes

Hello,

I love this API call because it’s not the first time we read here and, generally, on the Internet, “there are no players in my area”. So, letting everyone the ability to search by country is a good start :slight_smile:

Arnaud