Ladder procedures

Some questions and suggestions on the 19X19 ladder:

1. What are the rules for challenges? Where are they listed?
  2. On the original OGS site, there was a way to support the website, and be able to make a lot of challenges. Will this, or is this, implemented on the new site? I would like to both financially support the site, and be able to make a lot of challenges. Perhaps others feel the same way.
  3. I’d like to see, next to the people I am playing, their ladder position.
  4. I don’t understand why I can’t make another challenge right now. I am playing two players below me on the ladder, and two above me. I thought I could have three matches initiated by me. What’s going on here?

Thank you,

Phil

1. We need better (read existant) docs on this. You can challenge up to three players at a time, and receive up to three challenges at a time, unless you are near the top of the ladder, then you can receive more challenges (up to 5 at the very top iirc).

2. That’s great! We’re bringing back supporter stuff in the next version, so stay tuned, and thanks for your desire to support the site :smile:

3. That’s a good idea, I’ll put it on the todo list.

4. It looks like you have 3 games you initiated: guishu, melcher, and joachim … KimGa challenged you. So even though guishu is now ranked below you, it still counts that game against your challenge limit.

Thanks…Let me add to #3 something that indicate if I challenged or if they challenged.

Yep, that’s already done on 4.0 :slight_smile:

excellent. I was thinking boldface for those I have challenged. You may have come up with another idea.