In this recent game of mine:
I (as black) was losing by 0.5 points at move 264, so I invaded white’s bottom-left position, by cutting at the 3-4 point with move 265. Ultimately, the invasion managed to live, but I’m wondering about some questions:
- Was it possible for white to kill that invasion?
- Should the invasion have resulted in a ko or seki? My limited reading ability seemed to find those outcomes most often.
- Would it have been better for white to atari the invading stone? Maybe from the 2-4 point (below)?
Some other thoughts:
- White could have defended that cutting point earlier, but would have then lost by 0.5 points.
- Even if that invasion resulted in a ko fight won by white to kill the invading stones, white would have still lost the game for having to play an extra stone to settle the fight.