LinuxGooo's critique of 4.1

I think @herbie made some very good points about how an audio feature could make it much easier for the lecturer. Simply freeing up the hands to manipulate the board position, annotation tools, etc. while being able to talk freely would probably be a big advantage.

Due to scheduling constraints, I haven’t been able to watch any of the lectures live, and trying to look at the saved reviews afterwards is really challenging due to the lecturer comments being dispersed across the annotation comment system and among the general chat. Also, since everything is saved as a tree, it’s extremely difficult to recreate and follow the original linear narrative of the lecture.

Video recording these lectures could be really useful, but if the system doesn’t support audio, then it would either have to be a video recording of the lecturer typing out comments or streaming the live lecture audio would have to be handled independently of the system.

If audio recording is added as a feature for reviews, it would be cool if the review also had a “playback” feature that played the audio track while automatically advancing the board manipulations/annotations as they happened in sync with the original audio.

This is certainly planned… in fact, we currently record timing information for “replaying” reviews, but the interface work for actually replaying them hasn’t been done yet. In theory however, when we finally add audio recording and playback support, all existing reviews will also be “replayable” automatically (although obviously without audio ;))

I’m going to close this thread as I believe all the useful conversation has been had, and in general it’s got a bit of a negative feel, so I’d just as soon sink it. Feel free to open up new threads for continued discussions on any topics you view as unconcluded.

1 Like
1 Like