Longest threads

SInce March there’s been no apparent movement in the top ten.

However, the triple challengers of the super secret hit list, Through the Years: Long Correspondence, and YKYAAGAW have been creeping up through the top twenty, which is currently rounded off by Online Go App for Android and the Music sharing thread.

QTDDTOT and The Dining Hall have been seeing steady progress – they’ve gained about a hundred posts each.

A tsumego a day has been catching up to them on swift pace and is now barely behind.

A few new names have emerged above the 200 post mark, but it seems more difficult for them to pass 300, the region beyond still dominated by the old guard. I wouldn’t be surprised if the non-Go book thread reached that line by the time we next check in. Features everyone secretly wants is growing fast and will probably also make it there.

The threads made in 2021 are mainly just breaking through from the 100s to 200s, with examples like Controversial Go opinions and the Thue–Morse thread.

Currently, the main traffic seems to be to threads that are either established (1+ year old) or notably new, which creates an interesting dichotomy.

Here’s a summary of what seems to be the current (public) Longest 100.

No. Threads
1–5 memes, coronavirus, guess person, LLL, A1DG
6–10 geoguesser, IPQP, yahtzee, zendo, raptor
11-15 TTY, YKYAAGA, werewolf IV, guess rank
16–20 shiritori, 2021 ranks, OGS app, music no chitchat, werewolf V
21–25 QTDDTOT, Dining Hall, hurt / heal fuseki, puzzles, images (newer)
26–30 random chat (locked), Go world news, Go IRL, Go videos, dipgo I
31–35 Napster’s music, guess black stones, WDC, dipgo II, dipgo planning
36–40 werewolf VI, werewolf III, detective Go I, non-Go books, languages you speak
41–45 corr timeouts, disable analysis, semantic game, 25 min salt, glicko
46–50 13k default, RG+P, werewolf IV discussion, dipgo I kibitz, Conquest of Go
51 --60 2021 ranks, werewolf II, G0tstats, dipgo II kibitz, AI review
61–65 features wanted, April fun, Go jokes, AGA cheating, hurt / heal joseki
66-70 Go spotting, study experiment, escaping (locked), sexist comic, A1DG how-to
71–75 Thue–Morse, Team League, controversial opinions, recognising 25+ kyu, images (olden)
76–80 xhu Fridays, R+TPV, 2015 league (locked), move indicator gone, new score estimator
81–85 werewolf I, when in Rome, Leela Zero progress, pics from home, other board games
86–90 username stories, fracgo, fast corr, stones in squares, 2015 rengo (locked)
91–96 games history update, GMP, shapes, OGS ads, Escherian Go
97–100 werewolf call, fantasy Go, emoji chat, advertising Go, v5 upgrade

In my count, the hundredth longest thread is at 130 posts. There are well over fifty more above 100 posts as well.

dynamic link to the current longest threads list

2 Likes

:wink:

1 Like

Memes at number one. No surprise there, LOL :laughing:

1 Like