Move circle opens new tab (asked and answered)

I noticed today that both on laptop and phone when I click on the circle to move to the next game it opens in a new tab?

Is this a feature?.. Because it feels like a bug :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

If you were playing a live game it’s a normal (annoying) thing

4 Likes

Ah yes I remember it being mentioned. I don’t play live much :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Workaround: don’t click the move circle, but jump from tab to tab. That is what I do when in an AST I get two simultaneous games.
You can see when a move has been played on the tab.

Definitely less annoying :grinning:

1 Like

I find this annoying because sometimes I want to play correspondence moves while I am playing a live game. But 900 tabs would be worse!
The good thing is that if you manage to skip that live game then it doesn’t appear unless you finish your correspondence games

3 Likes

with two games it is okay imho, 3 or more would drive me crazy.

1 Like

very rough on mobile lol

I believe this isn’t a bug, but was intentionally added. But maybe if there is consensus in the forums that it would be better the other way, we can change it back?

2 Likes

I don’t think there should be any visible notifications encouraging players to leave a live game. It’s hard enough to find time to focus on a game without OGS itself trying to distract me from it. And don’t the mods want us staying on the tab?

So I’d say the bug is showing that notification at all during a live game. (Except perhaps for moves in other simultaneous live games.)

By the way, the other annoying one is when it shows “1” but clicking does nothing - because you’re already on the right game!

2 Likes

+1

Not me, unless you leave that tab to cheat!

You can reach the live game (if your opponent plays) also by clicking on the circle, that might lead to have it in more than one tab.

A responsible player knows that he has a live game and does not abandon it, but that player may also want to play correspondence games at the same time, in my opinion!

3 Likes

The disconnect timer will start if you don’t have the life game open.

2 Likes