Move indicator disappeared/broken

I tinkered a bit, and I found that, for some reason, a “visibility” thingie was set to “hidden”. I overwrote “visible” and it’s visible, but it’s stuck on 0. That’s as far as I can take it. :frowning:

1 Like

Well, good news to you, your tinkering made it make sense a bit, and I was able to sort of reproduce the issue.

Bad news is I have no idea how to fix, but anoek might have. :smiley:

Basically, the system thinks you are not in any games for whatever reason, in which case the move icon is (obviously) hidden.

I’ll let anoek know, hopefully he can do something :man_shrugging: Sorry about that

4 Likes

Just my luck, with all this programmer lot around here, I’ll learn coding before I learn Go. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

I don’t understand it but I just noticed my game indicator thing was off by 1 and the missing one was my game with @Gia

6 Likes
1 Like

i am no programmer but i have a hunch, just a hunch, that this had something to do with some timer or clock, might be a reminiscent of the last bug that caused tons of games to time out.

2 Likes

I don’t know, but more than one of my opponents don’t get notified for our game.
If the system indeed doesn’t recognize my games it’s a bit more serious than the inconvenience of me not having the move indicator (which would be nice to have back anyway).

I realize it’s not a slow news day by any means, but I’d like to know that it’s in someone’s to-do list… Even if it won’t be resolved right away.

Looks like they all went to the beach

1 Like

We’ll know if this happens, OGS and the forums will be up in flames instantly.

Mine just disappeared too! On my computer and on my phone… very annoying

3 Likes

Hello. FWIW, I am experiencing the same problem on one of my accounts, but not on my second one. Developers: happy to provide details if it helps resolve the issue. Thanks.

3 Likes

@anoek, this is quite a serious issue. The games of these players do not register on the opponent’s side either, thus it makes correspondence games time out for those users who rely on the move counter.

Furthermore, there was a user with this problem who cannot play against bots, since the bots don’t “see” the game either, not even their initial greetings appear.

7 Likes

Hello,

me too. I tested it on two computers with Firefox, one of then had never seen OGS before. On both the game indicator ist lost.

Best regards
Neandertaler

2 Likes

I had the counter to be off by one with this opponent, I think: https://online-go.com/player/319899/

Offtopic

Gods of OGS are cursing certain people

2 Likes

BREAKING NEWS

I got my move indicator back! The number shown is not correct (yet), but at least I can cycle through my games without having to return to home page after each game.

Better times ahead.

6 Likes

My move indicator/counter is off by one (low), however it’s not my turn in my game against Gia.

3 Likes

Oh, my move indicator is off by 10…

3 Likes

It’s probably rolling off other people who were affected as well. I guess (hope).

Mine is off on more than 10 games.

2 Likes

LOL opponents’ moves have started popping up, I guess they were casually reminded we have a game going.

3 Likes

I hope this problem does not spread exponentially across the OGS community. We must take drastic actions to flatten the curve or our moderator team may be overwhelmed.

6 Likes