Multiple people accepting games?

I just accepted an open game offer from user Oldwillow, only to see they were not in the room. I assumed connection issues and waited for a minute or so, before pausing the game. I messaged Oldwilllow to see if there was a problem and it turns out they were playing user Ceelay - completely unaware of the fact that I had also accepted the game offer.

If this is a known bug, don’t mind me, but I couldn’t find anything on the topic with a quick skim through the forums.

Your game with him was created at 10:51 a.m., and his game against Ceelay was created at 11:00 a.m. This is a large gap of time, so I think they were two separate games. Some people play more than one game at a time, and if they can’t manage it, they might abandon one, or never play if they were waiting a long time to find an acceptance.

Well I informed Oldwillow that I was waiting for him to play and he was seemingly unaware that he had our game running. It seems very odd to me that he would have a game hosted for 9 minutes during which I never saw his presence in the room. You are probably correct given the timings between the two games - but it still seems odd to me.

It is not THAT unheard of, particularly if it is taking longer to get games, that people look for games in multiple ways, and when they get one they lose track of what outstanding game requests they have… It is easy enough to miss the new game notification in the upper right when focused on a game.

3 Likes