Need help: Please review (multiple games)

Please review. Also looking for any common mistakes i need to improve on and bad habits i need to get rid of. Thanks

Hey,

took a shot at the first one. Seems you do not have much experience on the big board, so I tried to introduce the very basic concepts without really going too deep into any variations. You just need to get the feeling about where you can make points and where there are none.

1 Like

I made a review on the third game (https://online-go.com/review/288311). Your opening style is somewhat special as other commenters also mentioned. However - as you can see in the review - the games are not decided in the opening but by tactical mistakes in the close fighting. It is especially important to watch out for ataris and count liberties of relevant groups. By playing more games (and maybe doing tsumego), you could improve your feeling on that :wink: . I wish you much joy on your further go experience.

1 Like

I lost track in the first game of the number of times that you played away from a direct attachment move by white. The first couple moves that you should usually be considering is a hane or extending. Playing away from an attaching move this often is definitely a bad habit.

1 Like

That’s a very good point about ignoring attachments. Just to try to explain why it is often bad:
It just usually comes down to liberties. When two lone stones are touching they have 3 liberties each. Meaning with the next move it can become only two which is very close to atari. Such a stone is then easy to “push around”. Therefore you often want to get this advantage and hane around the one stone. Or if there is not big enough benefit in doing so you often want to prevent your opponent from doing that to you and you extend to stay strong - also threatening a severe follow-up later

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks to everyone for their help and words of wisdom so far.