No surrender: 492 move game

Played at XVI Cup of Consul general of Japan in Saint Petersburg. Because why not. Additional bowls for prisoners were used.

And they counted: https://pp.userapi.com/c845524/v845524448/1e8099/NGiQCA6iCI8.jpg

5 Likes

Note - the photo is of the counting phase, not a board position :wink: :smiley:

It could have been worse…

1 Like

How long did that game last? I see that it says the time limit was 1 hour. But that comes out to 7.5 moves per minute. Seems like some quick computing for a board so large. Then again I’m a 16K who only plays on the 9x9 so far :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Okay. This game seems a little contrived to me. I’m more than happy to admit that I might be wrong since they’re Dans and all but can someone please explain move 160 to me and why not play move 190 two spaces higher at T14.

Time control was 45m and 30s byo-yomi.

And yeah, the game was played out to these lengths probably for fun. White won by 228.5 points, after all. And they counted it.

As to the specific moves I don’t think I’m strong enough to judge the moves. I can see some sense in them.

3 Likes

Well I commend you for getting out there and giving it a shot. I don’t know if I am brave enough to do that. I hope you had fun :smile: