No surrender: 492 move game

Played at XVI Cup of Consul general of Japan in Saint Petersburg. Because why not. Additional bowls for prisoners were used.

And they counted: https://pp.userapi.com/c845524/v845524448/1e8099/NGiQCA6iCI8.jpg

4 Likes

Note - the photo is of the counting phase, not a board position :wink: :smiley:

0 Likes

It could have been worse…

0 Likes

How long did that game last? I see that it says the time limit was 1 hour. But that comes out to 7.5 moves per minute. Seems like some quick computing for a board so large. Then again I’m a 16K who only plays on the 9x9 so far :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Okay. This game seems a little contrived to me. I’m more than happy to admit that I might be wrong since they’re Dans and all but can someone please explain move 160 to me and why not play move 190 two spaces higher at T14.

0 Likes

Time control was 45m and 30s byo-yomi.

And yeah, the game was played out to these lengths probably for fun. White won by 228.5 points, after all. And they counted it.

As to the specific moves I don’t think I’m strong enough to judge the moves. I can see some sense in them.

2 Likes

Well I commend you for getting out there and giving it a shot. I don’t know if I am brave enough to do that. I hope you had fun :smile:

0 Likes