[Outdated] Notifications and outstanding game count not working

Same problem for me, no notifications at all since the server downtime. I’m using Chrome on OSX.

Same problem here, no notification, but plenty of games where it is my turn.

l have the same issue. will it be fixed at all. very annoying.

hi all , now its very difficult playing correspondence play whithout notification , help us please

Same issue for me. No notifications, no small black circle to see how many games I’ve got. Only way to play is to go to home page and scan all games.

I’m also experiencing the same/similar issue. The black circle behaves as if I have not played my turn for one particular game, even if I have. If I get notifications for other games, the number will update with those games, plus one for the stuck game notification.

Actually, this bug is probably more relevant to what I’m experiencing: Game Notification Bug
Also mentioned by someone else here: Game shows it’s my move while it’s not

For me it is always the same game that is missing from the notification: https://online-go.com/game/10641316
For the other games, the notifications seem ok, but this one is not included if it is my turn.

This is affecting me badly. I am getting almost no notifications for my current games - it is making keeping track rather tricky, and I almost timed out. I hope this can be fixed soon.

Update: I heard from anoek: he’s aware of this issue, but he’s moving house right now, so it will be at least a few days before it can be addressed.

So “hang in there” .

3 Likes

Didn’t he move house a couple months ago?

Very early in my SW carrier I made a big change and then went into a multi-week vacation. Never did that again…

Thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder whether he sold his house and now it settled, so he’s moving? I don’t know, I didn’t try to grill him for details :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

Apparently, I just lost a tournament game due to timeout because the notifications had not been working. I doubt there is any recourse, but I figured I would ask. When I logged in I noticed a 52 minute warning followed by the notification I had timed out. I check ogs at least once or twice a day and had a 3 day turn setting for the game. I didn’t receive the notification for until 52 minutes prior to timeout. I definitely don’t check frequently enough to catch a 52 minute warning.

Hi,
same here: https://online-go.com/game/9992404
I was online the last days and got no notification, and didnt get automatically to the game, and it wasn’t counted in the upper rigt black button.
Thanks for solving the problem for the future
tronde

Is it fixed now?

I think so, more’less. Let me know if anyone continues to have issues. I think I see how it got into the state it was in, and I think I mitigated the issue though the root cause of the bug is still lurking.

3 Likes

Clicking the black circle now takes me through all my games where it is my move but the number in the circle is still incorrect (in my case it is too low by 1).

Anyone else still experiencing a similar problem?

this morning it was still broken. Tonight it is, at first glance, fixed!
great job!

1 Like

So, if I timed out (and thus DQ’d) in a tournament because of this bug, do I have any option to recover?