OGS not showing opponent played?

Hah well, I’m happy to take that input and stop using the word.

“need” is a strange term. “Choose” is probably more appropriate. I originally chose it for the meaning that it had where I was using it - “complain in an accusing fashion” might be the definition I’d give, and as such it described the behaviour I was pointing out.

But I appreciate it has many overtones, and will be happy to chose a different word next time :smiley:

5 Likes

The ability to play Go is the core feature of a Go server. There might be millions of other bells and whistles features to extend the configuration cockpit of OGS, but the ability to play Go shouldn’t be dismissed as just another thing to chuck on a giant queue of nice to haves. The unreliability of OGS with the clock has repeatedly been raised e.g by @aesalon as a reason strong players, who often blitz, don’t play here much (plus network effect). So if OP was complaining about some misaligned pixels or a badly organised menu or the fact they couldn’t embed a YouTube video in their username then perhaps dismissing it as bitching could be justified, but I think the subject as well as tone of the complaint should modify how it is perceived.

8 Likes

Yeah that’s fair.

FWIW, I totally think it should be fixed as a priority.

3 Likes