[Ongoing bug affecting gameplay] Correspondence Stone Removal Acceptance Issue

So, it might be a visual artifact, I’m not sure yet. What I’m seeing is that if I accept stone removal in a correspondence game (with 24 hours for both players to accept) and navigate away from the page, it rescinds my acceptance and shows me having not accepted when I go back to the game.

If it’s actually not holding that acceptance - and thus not just an issue with it showing an X when it means to show a check - this will make correspondence games really hard to end.

Example game: https://online-go.com/game/7229541

1 Like

I’ve just finished a correspondence game, where it showed my opponent as not having accepted the score yet. It finished fine when I accepted the score, so the problem is merely visual.

3 Likes

I now have two games which have ended and the acceptance of stones is rescinded when I leave the page. The clock is clicking down and I am not sure what will happen at the end of the allotted time for stone removal. A link to one example is below:

1 Like

According to @Lomis, your stone removal will stick even though the interface doesn’t show it as such. I’m still waiting on my opponent to accept, so we’ll see.

1 Like

Hello,

I am experimenting this bug too but I don’t yet if it’s just “visual”…

Arnaud

1 Like

Hi,

Oh and the countdown to auto-scoring is coherent to that visual thing. That’s to say, it decreases as far as you stays on the page but when you leave it and come back, not only the cross appears again (your) but the countdown starts or seems to start again from 24 hours.

Arnaud

hi , i have lost game by time but i have played my game and some move are disappears 2days ago ,because this bug of transfer OGS i’m discalified of on tournament…

I want to know if you can juste remove discalification? my game is lost by score not by time so i can accept the lost game result but not the discalification :frowning:

is the game Nulitas vs Gulucat thanks for resolve this

Posting the game link helps mods a lot.

Here’s one. https://online-go.com/game/7229394

It shows in my game list as yellow (which is what it does when you need to accept stones). Every time I go to it, it shows me as a red cross. The clock keeps ticking.

Added bugginess advice: on my phone, I can’t see the scores to accept or not accept. This is part of the general “on mobile, nothing next to the player avatar is visible, including their name” thing.

1 Like

hi ,
here is he link of the game concerned by the bug ogs

Thanks Nulitas

my last message :

hi , i have lost game by time but i have played my game and some move are disappears 2days ago ,because this bug of transfer OGS i’m discalified of on tournament…

I want to know if you can juste remove discalification? my game is lost by score not by time so i can accept the lost game result but not the discalification :frowning:

is the game Nulitas vs Gulucat thanks for resolve this

1 Like

Here is another example, what to do about them?

I am having the same problem with one of my games:

I’ve been told that if you accept the score and leave the game page open that it would still end the game normally, when your opponent comes around to accepting the score. So the key is to not close the browser/tab of the game in question after you had accepted the score. @BiQ and @xeldrak

I’m not sure that leaving the tab open works either. I thought about that and experimented and just went back to that tab and literally watched my acceptance reverse itself. I didn’t do anything to make the page refresh or touch anything. I just went back to that tab to check on it and it reversed my selection while I was looking at it. Maybe the upgraded server has a ghost that doesn’t like it when games end…

I also have a game that seems to be having this problem. My opponent hasn’t responded in chat, so I can’t tell if they have tried to accept the outcome or not. I’m concerned because I have no idea what will happen when the timer runs out. If I leave the window open, my acceptance appears to stay active, but I don’t leave my laptop on all the time, and anyway I don’t know whether I should trust the appearance that it works.

Another thing:

There is only the 24 hours to accept dead stones, even in games where both players have many days on their clocks and even if game should have gone to weekend pause.

I have a game where we both passed on friday with 3 days on our clocks and without passes it should have gone to weekend pause. But it seems my opponent hasn’t been here all weekend, so i’ve been tinkering with groups statuses to reset 24 hour stone acceptance counter (it’s a tournament game and i don’t wanna make my opponent to get disqualified due timeout)

Here’s another case: both players have accepted the removed stones but the game does not end:

I have ended 2 games and I have tried over and over to “Accept removed stones”. When I click on the button, the green check appears next to my name but the state does not persist past a reload. I am afraid that I will run out of time on these and won games will be lost on timeout. You can see this issues on https://online-go.com/game/7576032 and I was able to get this one to move by pressing the “Auto Score” option https://online-go.com/game/6428216

This has already been mentioned here.

1 Like

Sorry - I was unable to find it in a search!