Opponent resigned, but "Your Move" notification persisting and timer still counting down

I was playing a correspondence game, and it reached a point where it appeared my opponent resigned the game. The resignation shows up on my profile and I think our ranks updated to reflect the game, but I still have that black-encircled notification number in the upper-right part of the screen indicating that it’s my move in the game. When I click the number, it takes me to an earlier point in the game, at move 68 (We finished probably a dozen or two moves after that point but I don’t have a record anymore also I’m bad at counting numbers > 6-ish). The same is true when I click the name of the game in the record on my profile - it takes me to our unfinished game and it’s my move. At time of writing, the timer indicates I have 2 days and 23 hours remaining and I’m unsure if I’m bound to continue re-playing at this point. My “Home” page also says “You’re not currently playing any games.” Is the game finished or not, and what should I do?

1 Like

Happened to me too

1 Like

Hang on, Anoek’s looking into it.

3 Likes

For those affected. Perhaps pause with an explanation in chat if need be and await fix as AdamR suggests. Maybe flag the game with the ‘Call Moderator’ function. @AdamR would know better if that’s necessary.

Unfortunately, until anoek finds out what’s up, I don’t know much more :open_mouth: If you are playing with a friend and both agree to pause, then go for it. Flagging is not neccessary, do it only if you would prefer to get a PM on OGS rather than following the forums once we know something :slight_smile:

2 Likes